The role of the Board of Governors is to work closely with the Head teacher and staff to provide the very best education that we can for the children of our school. We are responsible for monitoring and evaluating the performance and effectiveness of the school, for ensuring that the budget is managed prudently and for supporting our excellent staff.
As governors, we want all our children to develop to their full potential academically and socially, so that they become responsible and caring adults in their later lives.
Governors achievements have been:
- Continued to set the vision, ethos and strategic direction of the school
- Held senior leaders to account for school improvement
- Ensured financial resources are well spent
- Engaged with a governance review to focus on developing ourselves as a governing body and attend training
- Carried out a skills audit of all governors so that we have a balanced range of skills
- Taken on individual responsibilities, such as monitoring English and Mathematics; pupil premium, appraisal, pay committee and health & safety.
- Assisting School with Ofsted report.
Governors plans for the future are:
- Our focus for this year is on safeguarding.
- Specify the monitoring we need to see and do, to ensure pupil progress is in line with expectations.
Cathy Medlow, Chair or Governor
Teresa McAleer, Vice Chair of Governors
Can you help?
We would welcome people who are interested in joining our Governing Body. Please feel free to get in touch via email@example.com – everyone’s input is useful! We will be looking for a new Parent Governor from September.
|Full name of Governor||Governor Category||Date of Current appointment or election||
|Term of office/roles within GB||
Full GB meetings*
|Committee Meetings Attended||Declarations on register or business & pecuniary interest|
FGB Curriculum Committee
|Chris Scott||Local Authority||12/03/2015-15/01/2018||LA||Resources Committee||7/7||3/3||None|
|Trevor Mann||Co-opted||14/07/2015-13/07/2019||n/a||Curriculum Committee||5/7||1/1||Governor at Prospect School|
|Kirsty Roman||Staff (Head Teacher)||20/04/2014 onwards||n/a||Resources & Curriculum Committee||7/7||4/4||None|
|Jane Longman||Parent||01/09/2015-31/08/2019||Parents||Resources Committee||7/7||3/3||None|
|Hayley Carter||Co-opted||06/10/2016-05/10/2020||n/a||Curriculum Committee||None|
Please ring the school office or e/mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like a copy of the FGB minutes.