The role of the Board of Governors is to work closely with the Head teacher and staff to provide the very best education that we can for the children of our school. We are responsible for monitoring and evaluating the performance and effectiveness of the school, for ensuring that the budget is managed prudently and for supporting our excellent staff.
As governors, we want all our children to develop to their full potential academically and socially, so that they become responsible and caring adults in their later lives.
During 2014/15 Governors have:
- Continued to set the vision, ethos and strategic direction of the school
- Held senior leaders to account for school improvement
- Ensured financial resources are well spent
- Engaged with a governance review to focus on developing ourselves as a governing body and attend training
- Carried out a skills audit of all governors so that we have a balanced range of skills
- Taken on individual responsibilities, such as monitoring English and Mathematics; pupil premium, appraisal, pay committee and health & safety.
Governors plans for the future are to:
- Produce a governor’s development plan, focusing on what we need to do to support pupil achievement and progress and how we are going to do it.
- Produce an annual planner for our meetings so that we can focus on issues as they arise and not miss anything.
- Work towards every governor knowing the schools finances, barriers to achievement, and safeguarding.
- Work towards every governor knowing the Ofsted expectations of governors and be able to satisfy those expectations.
- Specify the monitoring we need to see and do, to ensure pupil progress is in line with expectations.
Cathy Medlow, Chair or Governor
Mike Taylor, Vice Chair of Governors
Can you help?
We would welcome people who are interested in joining our Governing Body. Please feel free to get in touch via email@example.com – everyone’s input is useful!
Governor Details September 2015 to July 2017
|Full name of Governor||Governor Category||Date of Current appointment or election||Source of appointment (where appropriate)||Term of office/roles within GB||Attendance at full GB meetings*||Attendance at Committee Meetings||Declarations on register or business & pecuniary interest||Remarks|
Vice Chair, FGB Curriculum Committee
|Jill Kaye||Parent||04/07/2013-05/07/2016||Parents||Resources Committee||1/6||1/3||None|
|Chris Scott||Local Authority||12/03/2015-15/01/2018||LA||Chair, Resources Committee||7/7||3/3||None|
|Gemma Storey||Co-opted||12/03/2015-13/01/2017||n/a||Resources Committee||3/7||1/3||None|
|Trevor Mann||Co-opted||14/07/2015-13/07/2019||n/a||Curriculum Committee||5/7||1/1||Governor at Prospect School|
|Kirsty Roman||Staff (Head Teacher)||20/04/2014-||n/a||Resources & Curriculum Committee||7/7||4/4||None|
|James Dunstone||Staff||04/06/2014-05/07/2016||Staff||Chair, Curriculum Committee||7/7||1/1||None|
|Jane Longman||Parent||01/09/2015-31/08/2019||Parents||Resources Committee||7/7||3/3||None|
* September 2015 to July 2016
Please ring the school office if you would like a copy of the FGB minutes.