National Autistic Society - South Hampshire Branch - www.shantsnas.org.uk
Please click here for this month's newsletter. It has details of all activities over the next month or so plus other information that may be of interest.
The branch supports children, young people and adults with autism, and their families, in the South Hampshire area. They run a number of activities which include:
- Afternoon and evening support groups for parents/carers of children, young people and adults with autism and Asperger syndrome. The groups meet monthly to exchange experiences, skills and understanding. At some meetings they invite guest speakers or have professionals present who can advise on aspects of autism. Professionals who work with people with autism are also very welcome to attend.
- Branch members have access to an extensive Resource Library with books, videos, DVDs and educational games available, on a wide range of ASC topics.
- A monthly Saturday afternoon Family Youth Club. Children accompanied by their families (including siblings) are welcome. A number of rooms and activities are available during the afternoon, for example, table tennis, air hockey, crafts, Lego, books, games and so on.
- A monthly Saturday afternoon Lego Club for children aged 9-13.
- Fortnightly social meetings for children (along with their families) during term time.
- Teenage youth clubs. The branch is able to signpost young people with autism (over 13) for referral to suitable local weekly teenage youth clubs.
- Fortnightly friendship group for adults, who take part in activities and have social outings.
- Social events for the benefit of individuals and their families.
- Links to other support services and groups.
- Access to a wealth of advice and information.
- The branch is represented on the Hampshire Autism Partnership Board and campaigns locally to improve support for people with Autism Spectrum Conditions.
Their usual facilities will be available. They have activities such as table tennis, air hockey, a craft table in the main room; books, board games, LEGO and other toys in the quiet room plus an opportunity to play in the large hall with a ball, bowling, etc. There will also be a structured Christmas craft activity and refreshments are available.
PLEASE NOTE: Parents must be responsible for their children during the duration of the youth club and must remain in the same room as their child at all times – thank you.
Full details, including a map, can be found at www.shantsnas.org.uk/Home/Family%20Youth%20Club