The role of the Board of Governors is to work closely with the Head teacher and staff to provide the very best education that we can for the children of our school. We are responsible for monitoring and evaluating the performance and effectiveness of the school, for ensuring that the budget is managed prudently and for supporting our excellent staff. As governors, we want all our children to develop to their full potential academically and socially, so that they become responsible and caring adults in their later lives.
Governors achievements have been:
- Continued to set the vision, ethos and strategic direction of the school
- Held senior leaders to account for school improvement
- Ensured financial resources are well spent
- Engaged with a governance review to focus on developing ourselves as a governing body and attend training
- Carried out a skills audit of all governors so that we have a balanced range of skills
- Taken on individual responsibilities, such as monitoring English and Mathematics; pupil premium, appraisal, pay committee and health & safety.
- Assisting School with Ofsted report.
Governors plans for the future are:
- Our focus for this year is on safeguarding.
- Specify the monitoring we need to see and do, to ensure pupil progress is in line with expectations.
Cathy Medlow, Chair or Governor
Mike Taylor, Vice Chair of Governors
Get in touchIf you would like to contact us or are interested in joining our Governing Body please feel free to get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org – everyone’s input is useful! We will be looking for a new co-opted Governor from September 2019.
Our GovernorsGovernor Information 2020/21:
|Full name of Governor||Governor Category||Date of current Appointment or Election||Source of Appointment (where appropriate)||Term of office/Roles within GB||Attendance at FGB meetings||Attendance at Committee meetings||Declarations on register or business & pecuniary interest|
|Michaela Beetlestone||Co-opted||10/09/2020-23/07/2021||GB||Resources Committee||4/7||0/3|
|Hayley Carter||Co-opted||06/10/2016-05/10/2024||GB||Curriculum Committee||5/7||1/3||None|
|Nassar Ghareb-Orabi||Co-opted||16/10/2017-19/02/2021||GB||Resources Committee||3/4||0/1||Councillor for West Berkshire Council|
|Trevor Mann||Co-opted||14/07/2015-13/07/2023||GB||Chair, Curriculum Committee||4/7||3/3||Governor at another school|
|Cathy Medlow||Co-opted||12/03/2015-11/03/2023||GB||Chair, FGB, Resources Committee||4/7||2/3||None|
|Kirsty Robinson||Headteacher||20/04/2014-||n/a||Resources & Curriculum Committees||7/7||3/3 & 3/3||None|
|Pete Pickford||Staff||12/09/2019-11/09/2023||Staff||Resources Committee||7/7||3/3||None|
|Chris Scott||LA||12/03/2015-15/01/2022||LA||Chair, Resources Committee||7/7||3/3||Governor at another school|
|Mike Taylor||Co-opted||12/03/2015-11/03/2023||GB||Vice Chair, FGB, Curriculum Committees||5/7||3/3||None|
|Kate Watson||Parent||01/01/2017-31/12/2020||Parents||Curriculum Committee||2/3||0/1||None|